The aim of this policy is to communicate the commitment of the Board of Directors to the promotion of equality of opportunity within Bounce Back Arts CIC.
Equality – Bounce Back promotes equality by removing barriers, eliminating discrimination and ensuring equal opportunity and access for all groups of people, both within the organisation and externally amongst those organisations with whom Bounce Back have formal relationships.
Diversity – Bounce Back accepts each person as an individual. Bounce Back aims to embrace diversity – and believes that everyone should feel valued for their contributions.
Inclusion – Bounce Back creates a working culture where differences are not merely accepted, but valued; where everyone has the opportunity to develop in a way that is consistent with their vision and values. Bounce Back aims to be an organisation where people feel involved, respected and connected to the success of the organisation.
It is Bounce Back’s policy to treat equally all members, employees and associates, irrespective of:
- Gender, marital or family status
- Religious beliefs or political opinion
- Race of ethnic origin
- Sexual Orientation
Bounce Back is opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. All directors, employees, associates and job applicants (actual and potential) will be treated fairly and selection for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability.
Bounce Back is committed to:
- Preventing any form of direct and indirect discrimination or victimisation
- Promoting equal opportunities for men and women
- Promoting equal opportunities for people with disabilities
- Promoting equal opportunities for ethnic minorities
- Promoting a good and harmonious working environment where all men and women are treated with respect and dignity and in which no form of intimidation or harassment will be tolerated
- Fulfilling all legal obligations under relevant legislation and associated Codes of Practice
- Taking any necessary positive/affirmative action